Content Strategy for Startups
Virtual CCO helps you get the most out of your startup’s content investments.
Content Strategy Stewardship
You take your job as a startup founder seriously.
- You’re developing an amazing product.
- You’re articulating a vision for your company.
- You’re building a great team.
- You’re laying the foundation of your startup’s culture.
- You’re telling compelling stories.
- You’re finding product-market fit.
And you’re on top of your content strategy and content design programs, too, right?
If not, don’t panic. I can help.
I’m Larry Swanson, the founder of Virtual CCO, your virtual Chief Content Officer. I’m a long-time content professional and a seasoned startup veteran. I also host the Content Strategy Insights podcast.
If you’re looking for a deeply experienced and broadly informed digital expert to help you guide your startup’s content efforts, please drop me a note to start the conversation.
The Need for Content Strategy
Founders discover their need for content strategy in many different ways.
with content-marketing and SEO campaigns that didn’t fill the sales funnel
rates due to unclear content in onboarding scripts and help documentation
“random acts of content” enabled by ubiquitous tools that make creating content (too) easy
challenges that leave programmers and designers groping for the right words for UI elements
stories across different media channels and different units of your startup
and/or outdated content that hasn’t been reviewed since it was created
due to imprecise quantitative content metrics and ineffective qualitative analysis
disadvantages, as rivals with better content programs garner more attention
Ideally, you’d have someone in your startup overseeing your many content efforts.
- They’d ensure that every piece of content tracks back to both a clear business purpose and a well-researched customer need.
- They’d bring expertise in content design and UX writing to your product design and development teams.
- They’d help you articulate your voice and style so that your messages evoke the same feelings no matter where in your business they originate.
- They’d keep your content initiatives on track and aligned with each other.
- They’d let you know how your content measures up to your competition and to content-industry practice standards.
- They’d help you future-proof your content investment.
- They’d give you regular reports on your many content efforts’ key performance metrics.
- They’d help you map your content ecosystem so you understand how it all fits together.
- They’d let you know how smoothly (or not) your content operation is running.
Until you hire your first Chief Content Officer, Head of Content, Content Lead, or Director of Content, I’d be honored to help you. Please drop me a note to learn about how we can work together.