Content Strategy for Startups
Virtual CCO helps you get the most out of your startup’s content investments.
Content Strategy Stewardship
You take your job as a startup founder seriously.
- You’re developing an amazing product.
- You’re building a great team.
- You’re laying the foundation of your startup’s culture.
- You’re telling compelling stories.
- You’re finding product-market fit.
There’s a new part of your job that you may have only recently discovered: content strategy.
The Need for Content Strategy
Founders discover their need for content strategy in many different ways.
with content-marketing and SEO campaigns that didn’t fill the sales funnel
rates due to unclear content in onboarding scripts and help documentation
“random acts of content” enabled by ubiquitous tools that make creating content (too) easy
challenges that leave programmers and designers groping for the right words for UI elements
stories across different media channels and different units of your startup
and/or outdated content that hasn’t been reviewed since it was created
due to imprecise quantitative content metrics and ineffective qualitative analysis
disadvantages, as rivals with better content programs garner more attention
Ideally, you’d have someone in your startup overseeing your many content efforts.
- They’d ensure that every piece of content tracks back to both a clear business purpose and a well-researched customer need.
- They’d help you articulate your voice and style so that your messages evoke the same feelings no matter where in your business they originate.
- They’d keep your content initiatives on track and aligned with each other.
- They’d let you know how your content measures up to your competition and to content-industry practice standards.
- They’d give you regular reports on your many content efforts’ key performance metrics.
- They’d help you map your content ecosystem so you understand how it all fits together.
- They’d let you know how smoothly (or not) your content operation is running.
Until you hire your first Chief Content Officer, the stewardship of your startup’s content and the strategy that drives it falls to you.
Until then, I can help you.
As your Virtual CCO, I help you craft and implement the right content strategy for your startup.
Larry is an astute, hard-working new-media product manager and producer. I relied on Larry to lead a number of important projects at workz.com, including the launch and management of Bannerworkz. I could rely on Larry for mature and practical solutions and results in a fast-paced start-up environment.
David JohnsonFounder, workz.com
Larry demonstrated excellent skills in both planning and executing his duties as Director of Marketing. Larry is a superior communicator, a thoughtful collaborator, and is able to focus and channel his many skills into efforts into results that benefit the company.
Casey VieceliFounder, DigitcalCandle.com
Content Stewardship Newsletter
Content strategy news and insights twice a month. Concise executive summaries. Focused on your needs as a startup founder.